After the ceremonies for Charlie Manuel are finished, there is another ballgame to play. The Phillies will look to snap a long stretch of losing against the Mets.
The Phillies (52-64) continue the series looking for their fourth win in the last five games. The Mets (55-61) look to build on Friday’s win. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
Cole Hamels (6-6, 2.43 ERA) gets the start for the Phillies. Hamels continued a run of solid starts, allowing one unearned run on four hits in seven innings against the Nationals, but took the loss. Hamels has faced the Mets three times this season, taking a loss on April 29, a no-decision on June 1 and picking up the win on July 29. In 30 career starts against the Mets, Hamels is 8-14 with a 4.19 ERA. At Citizens Bank Park, he is 53-41 with a 3.30 ERA in 129 starts.
The Phillies will face right-hander Dillon Gee (4-4, 3.73 ERA). Gee allowed two runs on five hits in 5 2/3 innings in his last start, taking a no-decision against the Giants. Gee has made two starts against the Phillies this season, taking a no-decision on May 10 and losing on July 29. In 12 games and 11 career starts against the Phillies, Gee is 3-4 with a 7.11 ERA. At Citizens Bank Park, he is 2-2 with a 9.56 ERA in seven games and six starts.
Game notes, lineups and more are available after the jump.
- The Phillies have lost four straight and 10 of their last 11 games against the Mets, being outscored 63-32 in those games.
- Ben Revere has a .388 batting average since June 26, the highest of any player in the majors. Revere has 57 hits in that time, including two in Friday’s loss.
- The Phillies bullpen is riding a 16 2/3 inning scoreless streak. The longest scoreless streak of the season for the Phillies has been 17 1/3 innings from May 28-31. The Phillies last streak longer than that was an 18 1/3 inning streak from June 10-19, 2011.
- Mets vs. Hamels
- David Wright: .329 (25-for-76), 5 2B, 1 3B, 5 HR, 16 RBI, 5 BB, 18 K
- Daniel Murphy: .354 (17-for-48), 4 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 1 BB, 9 K
- Ruben Tejada: .290 (9-for-31), 3 2B, 2 RBI, 4 BB, 7 K
- Juan Lagares: .391 (9-for-23), 3 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 5 K
- Phillies vs. Gee
- Jimmy Rollins: .480 (12-for-25), 2 2B, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 3 BB, 2 K
- Chase Utley: .217 (5-for-23), 2 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K
- Ryan Howard: .450 (9-for-20), 1 2B, 6 HR, 14 RBI, 1 BB, 5 K
- Domonic Brown: .278 (5-for-18), 1 2B, 1 RBI, 3 K
- Ben Revere CF
- Jimmy Rollins SS
- Chase Utley 2B
- Ryan Howard 1B
- Marlon Byrd RF
- Domonic Brown LF
- Carlos Ruiz C
- Cody Asche 3B
- Cole Hamels P
Cole Hamels will start tonight’s game.
- Curtis Granderson RF
- Daniel Murphy 2B
- David Wright 3B
- Eric Campbell LF
- Lucas Duda 1B
- Travis d’Arnaud C
- Juan Lagares CF
- Wilmer Flores SS
- Dillon Gee P
Dillon Gee will start tonight’s game.
Radio: 94 WIP-FM/1210 WPHT-AM