The Phillies dramatic win on Thursday is the type of spark that can usually help a team build a healthy winning streak. A division rival is the next team in town as the Phillies look to keep the good times rolling at home.
The Phillies (52-63) open a four-game weekend series going for a four-game winning streak. The New York Mets (54-61) try to break up the Phillies winning ways. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
A.J. Burnett (0-1, 6.35 ERA) gets the start for the Phillies. Burnett allowed five runs – one earned – on three hits in 1 2/3 innings before being ejected in his last start against the Nationals. He suffered the loss in that start. Burnett has faced the Mets twice this season, taking a no-decision on May 30 and a loss on July 28. In 22 career starts against the Mets, Burnett is 5-7 with a 3.89 ERA. At Citizens Bank Park, he is 6-7 with a 3.64 ERA.
The Phillies will face right-hander Bartolo Colon (3-7, 4.93 ERA). Colon allowed six runs on eight hits in 4 2/3 innings, taking the loss against the Giants. Colon faced the Phillies twice this season, earning wins on both June 2 and July 28. In seven career starts against the Phillies, Colon is 3-2 with a 3.74 ERA. At Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-1 with a 4.91 ERA.
Game notes, lineups and more are available after the jump.
- The Phillies bullpen has thrown 13 2/3 scoreless innings in the previous series against the Astros.
- Since June 26, Ben Revere has the highest average among major-league players. He is hitting .385 (55-for-143) in the last 36 games.
- The Phillies have won four straight home games and six of their last seven after losing nine of 10 home games from June 27 to July 23. The Phillies have lost nine of their last 10 games against the Mets.
- Mets vs. Burnett
- David Wright: .111 (3-for-27), 1 2B, 4 RBI, 3 BB, 12 K
- Curtis Granderson: .167 (3-for-18), 2 2B, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 3 BB, 5 K
- Daniel Murphy: .267 (4-for-15), 2 2B, 1 RBI, 4 BB, 1 K
- Ruben Tejada: .111 (1-for-9), 1 RBI, 3 K
- Phillies vs. Colon
- Jimmy Rollins: .278 (5-for-18), 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 2 K
- Carlos Ruiz: .444 (4-for-9), 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K
- Marlon Byrd: .375 (3-for-8), 2 BB
- Grady Sizemore: .125 (1-for-8), 2 BB, 2 K
- Ben Revere CF
- Jimmy Rollins SS
- Chase Utley 2B
- Ryan Howard 1B
- Marlon Byrd RF
- Grady Sizemore LF
- Carlos Ruiz C
- Cody Asche 3B
- A.J. Burnett P
A.J. Burnett will start tonight’s game.
- Curtis Granderson RF
- Daniel Murphy 2B
- David Wright 3B
- Lucas Duda 1B
- Travis d’Arnaud C
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis LF
- Juan Lagares CF
- Wilmer Flores SS
- Bartolo Colon P
Bartolo Colon will start tonight’s game.
Radio: 1210 WPHT-AM/98.1 WOGL-FM