Chances to sweep are rare for the Phillies this season but Thursday presents the chance. After a marathon win and a dominant win, the Phillies host the Astros one more time.
The Phillies (51-63) attempt to complete the sweep of Houston. The Astros (47-67) try to salvage the series finale. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
Sean O’Sullivan (0-1, 6.35 ERA) gets the start for the Phillies. O’Sullivan made a spot start for the Phillies on June 28 against the Braves, allowing four runs on eight hits in 5 2/3 innings and taking the loss.
The Phillies will face right-hander Collin McHugh (3-7, 4.93 ERA). McHugh took a no-decision in his last start against the Blue Jays, allowing one run on five hits in 6 1/3 innings. McHugh made one career appearance against the Phillies, allowing one run on three hits in three innings. This is his first appearance at Citizens Bank Park.
Game notes, lineups and more are available after the jump.
- The Phillies have won seven straight games against the Astros at Citizens Bank Park, dating back to an Opening Day win on April 1, 2011.
- For the first time in the 2014 season, the Phillies have won back-to-back series at home. The Phillies are going for their fifth sweep of the season on Tuesday night.
- The Phillies have played the most innings of any team in baseball this season, totalling 1,041 innings, with five games going at least 14 innings.
- Phillies vs. McHugh
- Jimmy Rollins: .500 (1-for-2), 2 RBI
- Domonic Brown: .000 (0-for-1)
- Ryan Howard: .000 (0-for-1)
- Chase Utley: 1.000 (1-for-1), 1 RBI
- Ben Revere CF
- Jimmy Rollins SS
- Chase Utley 2B
- Ryan Howard 1B
- Marlon Byrd RF
- Grady Sizemore LF
- Carlos Ruiz C
- Cody Asche 3B
- Sean O’Sullivan P
Sean O’Sullivan will start tonight’s game.
- Jose Altuve 2B
- Jason Castro C
- Chris Carter LF
- Marc Krauss RF
- Jonathan Singleton 1B
- Matt Dominguez 3B
- Marwin Gonzalez SS
- Jake Marisnick CF
- Collin McHugh P
Collin McHugh will start tonight’s game.
Radio: 94 WIP/1210 WPHT